Audio Visual and Wildlife Extension
The Audio-Visual and Wildlife Extension Cell is dedicated to developing in-house multimedia resources for use in teaching, training, research and extension activities of the Institute. Photographic documentation of course activities, technical support in conducting seminars/workshops and managing photo/video library are among the key functions of the Cell.
Audio-Visual unit has produced an innovative documentary 'We are nature, nature is our world', by synchronizing nine slide projectors. This mesmerizing slide show captures the diverse landscapes and spectacular wildlife in the country, and the need for research and conservation, and WII's efforts in contributing to the national and global demands.
Following are some of the in-house video produced by the Cell:-
- Signature in the Wild (Part-I & II)
- Kailadevi Wildlife Sanctuary - People's perceptions in conservation of biodiversity.
- "Smiriti" for IGNFA.
- WII's 'Dedication to the Nation' by Hon'ble Minister for Environment and Forests.
- A skit on conservation education prepared by XX P.G. Diploma Officer Trainees at Sariska Tiger Reserve, Rajasthan.
On a regular basis Wildlife extension faculty participates in various exhibitions on local and national levels, some of which are mentioned below-
- The National Agricultural Fair - 1989, at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- India International Trade Fair - 1989, at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- Exhibition on Environment and Development - 1992, at Teenmurti House, New Delhi.
- Environment with De velopment - 1993, at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- Thompson’ 94 - 1994, at Roorkee University Campus, Roorkee.
- Virasat, organized by SPICMACAY - 1995, at Dehradun.
- Virasat, organized by SPICMACAY - 1997, at Dehradun.
- "Agrasar" India’s Scientific Vision, organized by DST - 1998, at India Gate, New Delhi.
Dr. Bitapi C. Sinha, Scientist - G, Nodal Officer (e-mail:bcs [at] wii [dot] gov [dot] in)
Shri K. K. Shrivastava
Shri Vinod Verma
Shri Kuldeep Chauhan
Last Updated: January 16, 2020