Environment Impact Assessment
Wildlife conservation is being increasingly faced with challenges and complexities in the face of rapid economic development. Building capacities for environmental assessment of developmental projects in major sectors emerged as a priority for holistic conservation and management approaches. In response to this, an Environmental Impact Assessment Cell was established at the Wildlife Institute of India in 1993 with the following mandate :
- Promote integration of environmental considerations into developmental planning.
- Promote integration of biodiversity concerns in the environmental appraisal of development projects.
- Develop innovative methodologies, systems and tools that facilitate environmental assessment, efficient synthesis of environmental information and credible decision making.
- Build capacity of institutions and individuals through opportunities of training, workshops and placement.
- Provide advisory support for decision making at the apex level.
Dr. Malvika Onial, Nodal Officer (E-mail: malvika [at] wii [dot] gov [dot] in )
Mr. Narinder Singh Bist
Last Updated: January 2, 2019