Application of native botanical formulations for disease management in tomato, capsicum and cauliflower
Principal Investigator : Dr H.R. Gautam, University of Horticulture and Forestry, Nauni
Co-Principal Investigator : Dr (Mrs.) Sunita Chandel, Dr N.K. Bharat
Email : hrg_mpp [at] yahoo [dot] com Mob No. :+91-9418063751
Thrust Area : Sustainable Agriculture & Bio-farming
Project Area : Sub-tropical hilly regions comprising of Solan, Sirmaur and Mandi districts
To evaluate native botanicals against important diseases of tomato, capsicum and cauliflower.
To test field efficacy of botanical formulation made out of effective botanicals at research farm and in the farmer’s field.
Establishment of mass production units in important crop production hubs of tomato, capsicum and cauliflower in different villages in the State.
Popularization of the botanical formulation in the potential crop growing areas and its effect on reduction of chemical fungicides
Click to View OBJECTIVELY VERIFIABLE INDICATORS (144 Kb)
- Selection of farmers for mass production. (9 villages in Solan, 6 in Sirmaur, 6 in Mandi)
- Farmers are making formulations for their own use, and also sharing with others.
- Farmers are also practicing organic farming.
- 22 villages in 3 districts (Solan, Sirmaur, Mandi) have been targetted.
- 227 beneficiaries have been created under the project.
- 2 meetings/workshops conducted.
- 22 trainings imparted.
- 76 males and 48 females participated in the meetings and workshops.
- 26 number of informational material distributed.
- 1 radio talk, and 2 TV talks were given.
- Plastic Drums for making botanical formulation were provided to the beneficiaries through other organizations.
- A direct 20 to 30 per cent increase in the beneficiaries' income has been recorded with a 30 to 40 per cent increase in profit.
- A 10 to 20 per cent decrease in expenditure (food/ health/travel etc.) has been recorded due to the use of local bio-resources instead of chemical fungicides.
- Literature has been developed and many popular articles have been published in reputed national level magazines.
Last Updated: July 1, 2019