Up-gradation of conventional river ropeway existing in rural/hilly terrain over main rivers
Principal Investigator : Er. Ganga Ram, Society for Technology and Development.
Co-Principal Investigator : Pradeep Kumar, Society for Technology and Development
Email : stdmandi [at] gmail [dot] com , stdpsn [at] yahoo [dot] com
Tel Nos :01905-246154, 246155
Thrust Area : Rural Engineering & Technology Support Service
Project Area : Three field stations in Sadar Block of Mandi Distt.
To upgrade technologically conventional method of river ropeway
To develop and demonstrate viable river rope way models
To build and promote institutionalized linkages with S&T institution developmental agencies to replicate proven models
To Build and promote institutionalized linkages with financial institutions for replication / promotion of new models
To give training to various interested NGO`s and individuals at our field stations
Click to View OBJECTIVELY VERIFIABLE INDICATORS (127 Kb)
- 3 different RCC designs of piers been studied, and economical one has been constructed.
- A working model has been fabricated from IIT Mandi, installed on RCC piers.
- Field trial of prototype-I has been completed successfully after its installation on piers.
- CAD design of lightweight model of prototype-II re-designed.
- 1 working model has been developed and tested. Prototype-I has already been developed and tested successfully.
- CAD model for lightweight prototype-II been re-designed.
- Institutionalized linkage has been established with IIT Mandi.
- Trial demonstration on processing and packing of honey has been conducted at this CFC.
- A light weight carrier model has been designed with help of IIT Mandi.
- The weight of this second prototype has been brought down to 115 kg (prototype 1 weighed 340 kg) and the focus has been on the efficiency, and functionality of the model.
- 2 sites near the Bhadyar field station have been identified for the testing of the model.
- MCRC, Chennai has been approached for expert help for which their reply is awaited.
- As per the recommendations of the GMW expert committee, RTDC (Ropeway and Rapid transport system Development Corporation) of Himachal Pradesh has been approached for a safety certificate for the model.
- The requisite fee for filing of patent has been deposited.
Last Updated: July 1, 2019